Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Just What the Doctor Ordered: Rockies 3, Junkees 1

Ah, life is back to normal. With a Red Sox win and a Yankee loss, I will sleep like a baby tonight.

Wow, this is not your father's Oldsmobile. These are not your father's Rockies, with scores like 16-15. Last time Mussina pitched in Colorado he said afterwards that he couldn't wait to get out of there and hoped to never go back again. Well, he pitched well (for him, 3 runs in 6 innings is pitching well), but Fogg was better, holding Old York to one run on seven hits.

The Yanks had oppotunities, leaving 13 runners on base, but the Rockies also left a bunch on (14 to be exact), nothing noteworthy other than Cano going 0-4, but the loss coupled with the Red Sox win makes the deficit 9 games, and they're 5 back in the wild card race. Couldn't ask for anything more.

Wednesday's game features Pettitte against Francis, two pitchers having outstanding seasons. For all I know, it could be a blowout, and I might be in a bad mood when all is said and done. But I'll take what I can get, and a Yankee loss always puts a smile on my face.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So, manny... what do u think about 9/11? ;)