Thursday, May 12, 2005

Pavano vs. Clement, So Far

Back in the offseason, after the Yanks made a splash by signing Carl Pavano, the Sox answered by signing Matt Clement. So far, looks like a pretty good answer. Let's compare some numbers:

Both have made 8 starts so far this year:

ERA:
Pavano - 4.80
Clement - 3.06

BAA:
Pavano - .316
Clement - .267

this one's an eye-opener:
HR allowed:
Pavano - 10 (on pace to give up 40)
Clement -1

in fairness:
BB allowed:
Pavano - 10
Clement - 18

but see:
WHIP:
Pavano - 1.56
Clement - 1.40

I know, I know, it's still early. And for all I know, the Junkees may have the last laugh. But right now, I'll laugh as much as I want to.

-- When did the A's and M's get so awful? Right now the Schmets can't regret giving up on Octavio Dotel a few years back. And neither can the Astros. When did Dotel turn into Billy Koch? Somewhere out there, Steve Phillips and Gerry Hunsicker are laughing.

-- Seeing the O's rough up Johan Santana yesterday and win sans Sosa and Matos made my day (and made up for the Junkees' win). I can't wait for the 4-game set between the O's and Chi-Sox.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm really enjoying the design and layout of your site. It's a
very easy on the eyes which makes it much more pleasant for me to come here and
visit more often. Did you hire out a developer to
create your theme? Excellent work!

Also visit my web site - link