Monday, June 19, 2006

Yankees Get Ousted Out of First

Man oh man, could the weekend have been better? Maybe had the Nationals beaten Old York on Friday, but Saturday and Sunday were incredible wins, the kind we'll be looking back on many months from now.

First, Alfonso Soriano. What a job he did stealing second, stealing third, and coming home on Ringo's throwing error to tie the game. Charlie Brown blew it! Boy, those throws by Ringo - reminded me of Mike Piazza with the Mets....

And Sunday had the making of a here-we-go-again game until Wang coughed up a game winning homer to Ryan Zimmerman.

These past two games were the types of games the Yankees used to win for so many years.

I must say, I am a little jealous, though, because Manny's prediction came true before mine did. He predicted that Aaron Small would be selling cars come July, and I said that Shawn Chacon would be out of the rotation by June. Well, if not for the DL, there's a good chance I'd be right, too, but here's where I think Ca$hman really blew it - he should have put Small in the rotation. Who knows - maybe he's better starting than he is coming out of the pen. I guess we'll never know.

- I know Boston swept the Braves, thus overtaking first place, but the Red Sox pitching is just lousy. I'm not going to sit here and be arrogant (after all, I'm not a Yankee fan) and say that hey, the BoSox are the team to beat. But a win is a win, a loss is a loss, and second place is second place.

No comments: