Sunday, February 27, 2005

A-Rod Still A-Schmuck

I get sick every time I read or hear A-Schmuck talk about the famous slap-play he made in Game 6 of the ALCS. He said that he has no regrets, that it was a smart play because he nearly got away with it, and he implied that he would do it again if he had to.

That's what you call a jerk. First of all, it was a dumb play because Jeter would have been on second base had you gotten tagged out and instead, he was sent back to first.

Second, it's illegal! What ever happened to sportsmanship? What ever happened to a good, clean game?

I'd have some respect for the guy the said, "Look, I got caught in the heat of the moment and lost myself. Obviously it didn't make much sense, but I didn't think about it at the time." Or, "It was a dumb move, and I wouldn't do it again."

Instead, the classless loser prides himself on a move that may have cost his team the pennant. I hope Bronson Arroyo hits him in the fanny.

No comments: